Way back in 1998, when I was still six, I never thought much of Jesus during Christmas. I know that it's His birthday, but what mattered to me were the gifts, the food and of course, the aguinaldos.
I spent most of the years of my innocence in Mapalacsiao, Tarlac with my grandparents and my cousins. It was there where I knew how to play taguan, patintero, luksong-lubid, piko, habulan, etc.
During Christmas then, my cousins and I roamed around the streets. We stop at each house and ask for aguinaldo. I was the frontliner of my cousins since I was the youngest. Plus, I had that charm because I was a chubby, cute, little girl.
At five, we return into our grandparents' house. Here, we count each other's money and see who's got the most. For four years, I have been the grand winner. :)
But gone were those days. Christmas now isn't a simple day for me. Seven years have passed after the last time I went out during Christmas with my cousins. Christmas is not an ordinary day after all.
I am always excited for Christmas. It's one of the few days that our family gets complete. It's the only day in the year where people eat together, cherishing that day when The Savior was born.
It's not always important that Christmas is grand and splendid. What matters to me is that our family is complete and happy every Christmas. :)
_YourSweetestDownfall :)
No comments:
Post a Comment