A few days from now, a new king will sit on the throne and lay his arm over the yellow sands of the land. A new ray of hope may also shine upon us.
The Philippines is seen by most Filipinos today as a sinking ship, a country that's doomed to fail. Although we Filipinos are one of the happiest persons in the world, we just can't hide our sentiments about our poor nation and our bad leaders.
What we want, nowadays, is a savior. Someone who will liberate us from the swarm of darkness. We've had enough of Gloria. And now, we have the son of our heroes who brought back democracy in our country: Noynoy.
So what happens now?
I admit I did not vote for Noynoy. I voted instead for another candidate whom I believe is better than him. But now, we are faced to accept that Noynoy got it. He will soon be our leader.
As a member of the youth, I know how many of my friends dislike Noynoy. They say that he isn't deserving and that he will commit many flaws in his term. However, I believe we cannot do anything about that anymore; he has been declared. What we can do now is let him lay his platform and cooperate with him. If he sucks, then we'll have to face the consequences. But then, it doesn't stop there.
As I sit here in my bed, I see the ray of hope shine upon the yellow sands of the land. It glows, it wanders, it transcends.
No comments:
Post a Comment